1. Quote I love…
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” -Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from the Birmingham Jail
I wanted to add this quote to the blog I posted this week, but couldn’t fit it in. If you haven’t read my most recent blog post, please do by clicking here. It’s titled “Censorship???” This is a VERY important topic right now. And wouldn’t it be ironic if this article got taken down? An article about censorship getting censored. Hmmmm?
2. Some things that made my week busier (and exciting)…
Last Sunday, I took my daughter, Quincy, skydiving. It has turned out to be an 18th birthday tradition with my kids. Light winds, blue skies, and perfect weather. Check out the video clip below that AerOhio did for her, along with a couple of pics. My favorite part is when they slow the video down as she and the instructor cartwheel out of the airplane. And check out the blue skies as she jumps. Wow!
We also moved Quincy and Lana’s two sons, Jack and Luke, into Ohio State University on Tuesday. Yep… we moved all three in one day. Bittersweet! So bummed to let them go, but so proud of them and excited to see them taking that next step. We can’t wait to see the impact they have on this world.
3. Fun facts I learned this week…
Someone sent me a link to these 333 fun facts. I definitely learned a lot… and enjoyed reading through them. I thought you might too. (It’s good to read FACTS! Haha!) Here are a few that I found especially interesting…
- The Trans Siberian Railway from Russia crosses 3,901 bridges.
- More than 100 baseballs are typically used during a professional baseball game.
- In Toy Story, Buzz Lightyear’s character was originally named Lunar Larry.
- Some people are afraid of vegetables. It’s called Lachanophobia.
- Selfies are responsible for more deaths today than shark attacks.
- In Finland, you’ll find that saunas outnumber cars. (We have one at the office and one at home, so we are getting there.)
Check out the rest of them by clicking here.